Tuesday, September 2, 2008

First Day of School Part Deaux

yes, Zach is missing his pants....

AAAHHHH...the sound of silence. It is a golden sound and one that I am not all that familiar with. I mean, there are 5 of us living together and 3 of them are 6 and under. Kids are noisy...I accept that. I am however, quite content with a morning ALL ALONE!!! Yesterday was insanely busy. Tim took Grace to school at 7:30 and I left with the boys at 8 for their meet and greet with their new teachers. From there, we ran home for 20 minutes, I took them to a friend's house and then I went to preschool orientation for the second year in a row. I dropped $800 in a matter of minutes signing them up for activities, early drop off...yada yada...I ran and picked the boys up, ran home to get my insurance card that was not in my wallet, ran to drop a RX at Publix and came home with 45 minutes to spare before we had to leave to go get in the carpool line for Grace. Phew..this was all before 3pm. In the midst of this, I saw Tim for like 5 minutes and told him to have a great trip to CA and gave him a kiss and was on my way. So, all 3 kids were in bed by 7:30 because the night before was just as crazy as our day and we were all exhausted!!

6:45 and I couldn't believe it was already time to get up. I am not a morning person...not now not ever. I faked it for a few months last fall when I did Boot Camp with some friends at 5:45 in the morning. I can't believe I ever did that...not again. Anyway, I got up and Grace and Drew were downstairs a few minutes later. I have been setting an alarm in Grace's room and for now it gets her up. She is more of a morning person than me. They got ready and when they went back upstairs to brush their teeth, I got Zach up. He was not at all happy when I turned the light on. It took him a good 15 minutes to perk up. Once he remembered he was going to school, it was all good. It is what often makes me laugh about him. As attached to me as he is, he loves going and doing new things. We left for school at 7:29 and thankfully did not hit the Vinings train or a whole lot of traffic. We dropped Grace off at 7:49 and pulled back around to the preschool. I got the boys out and we waited for early morning care to open. Zach began to play with another little boy and I knew he was fine. When the doors opened, Zach told me bye and went right in. Drew on the other hand, turned back toward me with those pleading eyes and for a second my eyes burned with tears. He went on in and I bolted. These are sweet times in our life. My kids are growing up but are still little. I am excited to go get them and see what all they did today!
Pictures to follow...my camera got damp at Disney and getting a clear picture is quite difficult...I may have gotten 1 this morning to post...

No comments: