Friday, September 5, 2008

Soccer Mom and Soccer Kids...




this is during the game... they are all standing around!

Soccer moms: 1) moms that drive all over for their kids and their lives pretty much revolve around the schedules of their kids. 2)moms that at some point played soccer


Soccer kids: kids that play soccer


I am fast becoming a soccer mom by my definition above. My kids are still little and their schedules are pretty much school and tonight we added a sport to the mix. My life does revolve around my kids but they do not nor will they ever dictate my schedule. Tim and I decide what activities our family can handle and we go with it. I love the fact that my kids are getting old enough to play sports. I am definitely a ball park mom. I played softball as a little girl and soccer as an older kid and loved it. I especially loved soccer. Tonight Grace and Drew had their first games and it was so much fun. Both sets of grandparents came and the only bummer was that Tim was out of town.


My Drew man did so great tonight. He was a good defender and scored about 10 goals. I am not joking either! Now there is not a ton of skill going on at 4 but he gets it. He is so obviously athletic and he LOVES to run around and compete. He told me after the game, "I was a great player mommy." Where is his modesty?? I look forward to watching his abiltity grow and I really look forward to t-ball in the spring!
He made a run down the field...to score!!

Grace is a diva. I am certain she is half my sister's kid as I don't ever remember being quite this way. I was dramatic and Grace is way dramatic but I just don't ever remember being a diva. My girl is high maintenance and watching her play tonight was true entertainment. She had a few good hits on the ball and her face...she got hit at least 2 times and it was hard to get her to chill out. Thank goodness GAGA (my mom) was there because my mom has this unique bond with Grace and can pretty much calm her down anytime. She was a cute soccer player but she admitted on the way home that she might need to stick to ballet and gymnastics. GREAT....we have 9 games left!!!
She sure looks cute!

No comments: