Sunday, August 31, 2008

Potty Training Woes?


I feel so dumb even posting this on here...I have potty trained 2 kids and surely have it figured out enough to potty the train the third, right? Maybe not in time for him to go to 2 year old preschool on Wednesday though....have I mentioned that I am a mom that enjoys some time ALL ALONE???
Zachary Thomas...my third born child and baby. He came into our life as a big surprise and has ended up being a huge blessing to our family. I had a complete hysterectomy 7 months after he was born and considered him a sweet gift before I ended years of pain. Knowing he is the last has made me baby him A LOT longer than I babied the other 2. 3 days before Grace turned 2 she was a big sister to Drew and 19 months after Drew was born he was a big brother to Zach. I ran out of time to baby the other 2. All this makes some milestones difficult to accomplish with Zach. He still sleeps in a crib...and pretty much refuses his new bed in his new room with his older brother. He still has a paci and I make no apologies for that. He demands a lot and I often give in to him so that I can be effective with G & D.


He flat out refuses the whole potty deal. I am totally cool with this fact...I didn't potty train Drew until right around the time he turned 3 and it was a painless quick process. But, the school the boys are going this year - requires kids to be potty trained...even the 2 year olds!!!! I am frustrated that I missed this minor detail when I enrolled him ( a detail that is published NOWHERE) but am trying desperately to determine how to proceed. A friend suggessted a book that promises to potty train in one day...hmmm....not sure that is humanly possible for us. At any rate, I want to be a good mom to Zach. I need to buck up and break bad habits that I and I alone have established with him. He needs school...he needs someone other than me in his life and I am trying real hard to make this work. So, I am soliciting advice from anyone that might have some ideas. Shoot me an email if you have any ideas! :-)

1 comment:

Brandy Rowe said...

Hey Amy! I hear you about potty training, I had to make Payton just wear real underwear and give him rewards every time he went. Also I had to take him to the potty every 30-45 mins when I was at home, I hope this helps some!
Brandy Atkinson Rowe