Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Summer Recap...


We had an AWESOME summer! First and most importantly we moved into our house that we have been planning and working on for nearly a year. We spent the majority of the summer settling in. Don't get me wrong, there is A LOT to do but on the surface we are settled. My sister came down not once but twice this summer and we had a blast. Her first trip was planned around our grand housewarming party and I am sure I would have never been ready for the party had she not somehow flown down the Thursday before! We threw a bash at the new Casa and it was a so much fun. We hired a band, thanks to Big-Swig for a fabulous night of music even if it was an early night! Our quaint town of Smyrna, GA closes shop at 10pm if anyone calls and complains. So, around 10:16 a very nice officer showed up in our backyard to let us know we were done. He apologized for having to shut us down but he had to do it...we still had a great time.


Laurie and Amy after a lot of dancing!!






Sarah and Amy




KT and Amy

my sweet husband keeping the beverages open...







the very end of the night...souvenir tshirt and all





After the party, I began to focus on the last 2 trips of the summer. A work trip to Vegas for Tim and I and our surprise trip to Disney. The trip to Vegas was actually for me and it was kind of cool as it was a conference for ticket brokers. In case any of you have missed that teeny weeny detail of my life, tickets are what I do from home so that I can be at home. It has been a very successful business for us. So what started as a way to earn a few bucks on the side on eBay has turned into a full time business for us on multiple networks. Check it out sometime...Amy's Tickets. Who'd have ever thought?? Anyway, we went to the Ticket Summit at the Venetian in Vegas and had a REALLY good time. 3 nights at a nice Vegas hotel, good food, good shows, and some successful blackjack playing and I was energized for the rest of the summer.


We took some day trips to Rome to visit with Laurie and the girls but we mostly stayed home enjoying our new house. It was a great summer and I am looking forward to a great fall! Especially cooler weather and some football...

No comments: