Friday, August 29, 2008

All About Claire...

Abby and Claire

Hopefully this is not too inappropriate but my sister just called. She sounded devastated and I was worried when she told me to sit down. My oldest neice it turns out entered full throttle puberty this morning with the arrival for the first time of her monthly friend. Need I say anymore? How is it that I have a neice old enough for that??? At first, I said no way she is WAY TOO young and then I calculated her age versus my age when that occurred for me and I realized she is right on track. WOW - I remember the day she and her brother (they are twins) were born like it was seriously yesterday...and it was February 1996!!


I was sick and Sarah was in Savannah having the twins. I could not go with my parents the day they were born because I had a fever and they were preemies and well, you just don't do that to a new mom. I was devastated to say the least. My mom and I drove down the following weekend in time for Claire to be released fromt he hospital. She was my baby. I tried REALLY hard not to favor one so early on, but I was smitten by her. I still am. I think she is one of the coolest kids ever and I am so proud that she is my neice. I only wish she lived closer so that we could hang out more. She is artistic, athletic, and FLAT GORGEOUS! She spent time with us this summer when Sarah was down for the party and she was amazing with my kids and I could have kept her all summer! So here's to ClaireBear (what my kids call her and me too)...we love you!

No comments: