Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Moving Woes...

Well the last 7 days have definitely been memorable! Moving with 3 kids is a trip and it makes the process a lot slower. We are moved in and functioning...in fact most of the boxes are unpacked. I even have a few rooms looking like I "decorated" a bit. However, I know the truth. There is still a lot to do and I am not sure when it will get done. The kids do not understand why I would rather stay inside and unpack and put things away. I mean they have their stuff where they need it, who cares about the rest of the house?

We are having a minor issue with Grace at the new house. She is completely freaked out if we leave her in a room alone. I mean I don't specifically mean to leave her in a room she just flips if I go to another room without letting her know first. She literally bumps into me if I turn around as she is so scared I am going to disappear. She is very anxious and I get that. We are in a larger space and we now have a basement. She would FLIP OUT is she knew I had been to the basement while she was sleeping! At any rate, she is sleeping well so for that I am very grateful. I would however covet your prayers or suggestions on how to handle this new anxiety. I am sympathetic to a point and have found myself getting tense with her today. I am ready to get over this bump. So, any words of wisdom would be greatly appreciated!

The boys are great. They have lots of wood floor space to race cars and trains. They love going outside to ride their big wheels on the driveway, dig in the mulch or play on the swing set. I am thankful that they are still too young to grasp all that has changed recently. These are the days I dreamt about while living in the APT. It is a ton of fun and I am very grateful that we are here and all we have now is time to get all the other stuff done!

Pictures still to come...I have not gotten around to taking a final finished photo!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I know your house will be looking great in no time. You should post up some before pictures so we can see the progress.