Sunday, June 22, 2008

Bumps in the road...

We had a good weekend. It was great to have Tim home after he was gone the majority of the week. We were productive on Saturday and it was around lunch time that Tim let me know we were expecting a house guest that evening. WHAT??? About a month ago we invited one of Tim's coworkers to stay with us while he was in ATL for meetings. He was hesitant as it was to be our 2nd weekend in the house, etc...I assured him we would be fine. A week or 2 later Tim let me know that he would not be staying with us as the whole group coming to town had gotten hotel rooms. Ok, no big deal. Well, Mark was still planning on staying Saturday night with us. So, I was granted a free pass to go to Bed Bath and Beyond to pick up a few necessities for our guest bathroom. I was pretty excited about getting a few items that I had planned to wait on and I also enjoyed roaming around by myself for a few minutes....

My peaceful time alone was quickly interrupted when I received a message from Tim that we had MAJOR problems at home. What could possibly be that bad? A leak...a big leak at that. Drew and Zach took their first bath in their bathroom. All was great but once Tim let the water drain...things were not so great. Our ceiling in the foyer was buckling and you could see water behind another wall. Trim was getting soggy and it was TERRIBLE Thankfully, Tim noticed before water pooled on the hardwood floors so no damage there. So it looks like our house will be back under construction this week as the plumber fixes his goof and then sheetrock gets replaced and then painted. The kicker is we will be living here this time. I am proud of my reaction. I refused to allow myself to get overly worked up. It is all stuff under warranty and although it is disappointing, it can all be fixed. So another week of fun things to take care of...anyone want to trade? :-)

No comments: