Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Closing Day!!!

It is official...we are now homeowners again. We are in debt for what seems like forever all to say we have a house. I must admit it is overwhelming at the closing table when they show you the page that has what you will pay if you take 30 years to pay off, etc. All that being said, I am absolutely THRILLED and our family seems giddy about our move tomorrow out of the APT and into the house. Today marks 2 weeks shy of 11 months under contract. It has been a long time but one that I am proud to say we were patient with. We were almost done today when it was determined that our interest rate was incorrect. My stomach flipped a few times but 3 1/2 hours after we began, we came out with the correct interest rate and keys to the new house.

Like I said, we are all excited. Tim, Grace and Drew are so excited that they chose to go back this evening to sleep. I am sure they are going to sleep just great on the floor with no blinds on the windows! As for me and Zach...we are sleeping in beds tonight! :-) My excitement can hold until tomorrow morning and Zach has no idea that we the house is ours now! No pictures yet but I will be taking plenty in the coming days and will post a picture of the new abode. Thanks for the phone calls and emails. I was able to take 0 calls since I sat at the closing table so long but I heard all the messages. Stop by and see us soon!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

woohoooo!

i can't wait to see it!

if you need my truck just let me know :) i can bring over the yard stuff any time...

Anonymous said...

Yay, Congrats!!! So when do we get to see the new place??