Sunday, June 8, 2008

Happy Sunday!

the 3 cuties...Zach refused to look at me!

This morning was a typical Sunday for us except the fact that Tim was out of town. There are times when I feel so inept at this thing called motherhood and there are other days when I am almost convinced that I might have it figured out. Those days pass quickly as I have not figured it all out! This morning was good...even great. Grace came in around 7:20 and asked to watch a show. I turned on the tv and went back to sleep. A little before 8, Drew came in. We hung out and had milk and juice and began to get ready for church. Zach kept sleeping and we continued on with getting ready. Finally around 9:25, I went in to check on the sleeping prince. He was in his bed rolling around in his blankies just talking. He was very happy to see me. Normally, Zach wakes up in a not so great mood so it was a nice change for him to be pleasant. Grace took a bath and washed her hair and before 10 am, we were all ready to go and looking good too.

I decided since we were ready early, we would go get breakfast at a drive through. The kids like doing this and I have to say, I am sick of this apt and trying to finagle meals in the TINY kitchen! So we headed to McD's and got food. We arrived to church 15 minutes early and still clean. I dropped the kids off and went to church all by myself. We attend Christian Church Buckhead. It is fantastic and today was no exception. It was a great service and the morning had set me up for a clear mind to actually focus on all that was said. Without going into a ton of details about the rest of our day, I will finish by saying it was great too. Yes, today being a mother brought great joy as well as a feeling of "hey, at least for today, I have this figured out!" Here's to a great week!
Grace and Drew had no problem posing

Mr. Zach finally cooperating!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

congrats on the successful day! i know how hard it is with two. three must be awesome :)

Anonymous said...

Ricky's here saying Hi to Zach!

Anonymous said...

didn't know you had a blog!!! wow. awesome.

DEREK

Brei said...

They're so big, and you're such a great mom! :)